As part of my nesting period in this pregnancy, it’s become really important for me to do more sentimental time-capsule-y type things. I am working on finishing Sofia’s baby book (makes sense before the next kid arrives). I am archiving and scanning sentimental photos in case our house burns down. I am a human historian and trying to think of traditions to start that will be great heirlooms and memories for the girls going forward. I had none of these things growing up–I am, beyond memories, history-less. There are no relics from my childhood save a few pictures.
So, one of the things I put together, which is by no means original, was a list of 15 questions to ask my girls every year around their birthday. I’ll print/write these out with their answers and collect them in a little book to give them when they are older. If you do this, consider video taping the interview. The faces Sofia made when answering were priceless…
Here are Sofia’s answers this year;
1. What do you want to be when you grow up? A chef
2. What is your favorite toy? My rainbow bear
3. What is your favorite color? purple and pink
4. What makes you happy? Ellie (her sister)
5. What makes you sad? When you put me in time out
6. What does Mommy say to you all the time? I love you
7. What does Daddy say to you all the time? I love you
8. What is your favorite thing to do at school? play
9. What’s your favorite food? pancakes
10. Where is your favorite place to go? school
11. What is your favorite thing to pretend? My pig and my duck.
12. If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? A cute new little pet bunny.
13. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? the supermarket
14. Who is your best friend? Emily and Grace and Sage
15. What do you think it will be like to be a grown up? I’ll be a sister chef