It’s been a while. I’m working on an amazing project–soon to be announced. I’m going to be a more attentive blogger again–promise.
My first-born is Chachi. He is a 6 year-old Havanese and he taught me almost everything I needed to know about parenting, roughly a year before I became one for reals. You may think this is reaching, but the below quiz will confirm that if you are considering a baby, a dog is a great first step that is near identical to parenting a human child.
I bring you the quiz “Dog or Baby?” Your challenge is to read each statement and determine if it was achieved by a dog, a baby, or both in my household. Good luck.
- Ate so many sticks off the floor leading to projectile vomiting all over my couch. Dog or baby?
- Growls incessantly. Dog or baby?
- Withholds poop when parents go away for extended periods of time. Dog or baby?
- Needs a drink from mommy’s bathroom every night before bed. Dog or baby?
- Does not believe Daddy is in charge. Dog or baby?
- Does not believe Mommy is in charge. Dog or baby?
- Farts all damn day. Dog or baby?
- Wakes up religiously at 6 a.m. due to starvation or thirst. Dog or baby?
- Loves to spoon, especially to fall asleep. Dog or baby?
- Licks everything. Dog or baby?
In some ways, my dog is the devoted snuggly baby I’ve always wanted, and the baby is the adventurous goofy dog I always wanted. Huh. 🙂